Monday, March 21, 2011

The Glory of the Lord


I have always loved huge crusade evangelism.  It is so exciting and fun to be a part of something like that.  The excitement and anticipation I feel when I see hundreds and even thousands of people gathered together to see God work is overwhelming.  When I was first saved and living in Oxford, MS I would drive past the Ole Miss football stadium and imagine it filled with people who had come to worship Jesus!  I've had visions and dreams of huge stadiums filled with people to seek God in many years past and I still believe it will happen someday.  The stirring in my spirit is still there.
This past weekend our family was able to help with a crusade here in Korat. To my knowledge there has never been a crusade like this in this city.   It was held outdoors, in an open field, next to the King's Stadium.  It was such a blessing and encouragement to be a part of this huge event.  I call it huge, not for numbers alone, but because we saw God working in amazing ways.  People were worshiping together--dancing and praising God.  Hundreds were professing Jesus as their Lord and Savior for the first time.  Blind eyes were seeing, the lame were walking and the deaf were hearing.  My heart was pounding and my eyes filled with tears as I saw these people being changed right before my eyes. 
I know that these types of miracles and salvations are pretty common in Africa and India and such places.  But having been here 7 years, I guess I was really losing hope that it could happen for the Thai people too.  With only .5% of the population of Thailand being Christian (this number includes all cults that profess to be Christian) it is sometimes hard to believe it will happen in your own backyard.  So you can only imagine the thrill we all felt as we watched this happening. 


One of the personal highlights for me was watching Ben on the stage, introducing those the Lord had healed, seeing Margaret used to translate during the healing, watching Benjamin carry the sick into the crusade, and seeing Isaac and Ruth praying for healing for these precious people.  It brings tears to my eyes to think how our little family team was being used in their gifts to see these people come to Jesus. 



This road has not always been an easy one. We have had our struggles as do all missionaries.  There has been times when I wondered why we were even here.  But this past weekend once again brought the Glory Of the Lord before my eyes.  We are nothing with Him and total fulfillment comes in doing His Will.  Thanks be to God for allowing us to be a part of this. As Ben and I are like to say---"We're still in it!"

1 comment:

  1. Susan, it was so wonderful to read your report! I didn't even know you guys were having an crusade! Did Ben preach or were you working with the churches there in Korat? Praise God for his healing and saving power!! God is good!!

    ReplyDelete