Thursday, February 10, 2011

Welcome Friends!

 

I finally decided to take the plunge and try making a blog for our family.  So, bear with me folks.  I am sure in time I will figure this all out, but for now it might be plain and boring.  Please fell free to leave me lots of comments and suggestions about what you want to see and hear from us, so I can try to please.
I don't really have a good plan for this yet.  I just wanted to give you a little taste of what our life is like and keep you posted on some of our thoughts.  We'll see how that works out.


We welcomed our newest grandson, Judah Benjamin, in January.  He is wonderful and we are so proud of him.  He is a good baby and Missy is adjusting to the new pressures of having 4 little ones.  Liberty turned 7 on February 2nd and is Missy's right hand helper.


Isaac, Ruth and I will travel next week to Chiang Mai for a home schooling conference.  We will take the overnight bus and stay the week.  They will be tested and also enjoy a vacation bible school.  During the same week, Margaret will travel to Davao City, Philippines with Pat Blount.  She will have the opportunity to visit the works going on there.  Benjamin and Ben will be holding down the fort alone.  Please keep us all in your prayers are we are apart and traveling.

We recently took advantage of our rapidly retreating spring-like weather to enjoy a camp out with the Lovorns at our horse farm.  We had a wonderful time riding and roasting hot dogs and hanging out.  The children really enjoyed riding.  We have not had much opportunity to ride, but most everyone got in on the fun.  It was such a delight to watch everyone ride.  As you can see, the sunsets are spectacular and the star gazing that night was wonderful too.



Well, hopefully I will be able to work out this blogging with fear and trembling and we will all know each other a little better as time goes on.  Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! Great start! Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are doing this! What a great way to keep a journal of your life and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you've decided to start a blog :) Now I can keep tabs on your guys even better :P Love you!

    ReplyDelete